Learning Edge is proud of its more than 30 year track record and can currently boast the following results:
- Creating relationships that endure. In a typical year, more than 80% of Learning Edge students and tutors return to the program each year. On average, a student/tutor pair stays with the program for four years.
- Improving reading skills. Learning Edge has a focus on literacy and assesses students’ fluency and/or vocabulary levels twice a year.
- Academic improvement. Learning Edge students submit a copy of their report card three times a year, and consistently 65% of students improve their grades or maintain an A or B average while attending tutoring.
- Preparing students for life after high school. In the past 20 years, all students have graduated from high school in four years, and developed post graduation plans with the Learning Edge Program Coordinator with most going on to college or a vocational school.
- College attendance. Graduates have gone on to a variety of community colleges and four-year institutions: Beloit College, Howard University, Morehouse College, Tufts University, Tuskegee University, University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Awards received. Learning Edge has been a recipient of the Thomas A. Demetrio Award of Excellence from Lawyers Lend-a-Hand to Youth and the Sun-Times Literacy Award.